Designing an Assignment: Storytelling with Maps
In this session, participants will design an assignment that encourages students to reflect on and engage more deeply with course content while harnessing the power of maps. Participants will have hands-on time, with peer feedback, to develop an assignment rooted in digital pedagogy. Discussion in this session will focus on the process of student learning to develop 21st century skills.
Participants will make progress towards:
- Exploring storytelling and mapping as an assignment,
- Writing content and 21st century skills objectives for a storytelling with maps assignment,
- Developing a scaffolded assessment plan,
- Evaluating the mapping tool that works best for the developed assignment, and
- Reflecting on the impact that storytelling with maps assignment will have on student learning.
Please contact our office regarding availability of this course: